- Masters in International Affairs (M.I.A), 1989, School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Columbia University, New York, U.S.A
- Masters of Arts (M.A) in French Language and Literature, 1983, Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad.
Career: Joined the Foreign Service of Pakistan in 1984
Married to Syed Mansur Raza
- 1984- Joined Foreign Service ;
- 1986-1987-Desk Officer, Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, Foreign Office
- 1989 -Acting Director of the Office of the National Security Adviser.
- 1990-1995: Second Secretary/First Secretary, Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the United Nations, New York.
- 1995-1996: Director Foreign Secretary's Office
- 1996-2000: Counsellor Pakistan Mission to the United Nations and Other International Organizations, Geneva.
- 2000- Director Minister of State for Foreign Affair's Office.
- 2004-2005-Director Foreign Secretary's Office.
- 2005-2009: Deputy Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations and Other International Organizations, Geneva.
- 2009-2011: Director General (Strategic Planning) in the Foreign Secretary's Office.
- 2011: Spokesperson Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad & Director General (Strategic Planning) Foreign Secretary's Office.
- December 2011 - October 2015: Ambassador of Pakistan to Italy (concurrently accredited to Albania, San Marino, Slovenia, FAO, IFAD and WFP)
- 6 October 2015 - : Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations and other International Organizations, Geneva